Saturday, August 26, 2006

Because of my own stupidity, my car stereo isn't working. I had to drive home from work in silence, with only my thoughts to keep me company. I reflected -- about school, work, my life in general...at which point I realized I'm really not that interesting.

So then I decided to create my own music. But it was horrible. The sound that came out was completely different from what I expected, from what I thought I sounded like singing in the car, on the top of my lungs, with the volume cranked way up. It was like a mix of fingernails on the chalkboard and cats in heat, with a little bit of Jessica Simpson thrown in. I am a worse singer than I am an interesting person. I guess I should be glad there was no traffic.

So what with my broken car-induced self-realizations, coupled with losing Rush Line, this is not my day.

(P.S. I'm sorry Don, Alex and Sandy for subjecting you to my singing during the road trip.)

Oooh, people's birthdays are coming up!

And also, does this look like something I'd wear?

4 Comments:

At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things:

#1. Rush Line is imperfect. The judgment used to officiate and score the participants is fallible. But it's not like I'm upset about it or anything ...

#2. Yeah you probably suck at singing, but I'm not buying the "I'm terribly uninteresting" assertion.

People usually don't assert that they are boring, Kristine.

Geez, give yourself some credit.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blame yourself for the defeat. Blame Missy and Linh. Besides, few can handle the Placeholder Heat as they call it. And what Don said.

Except I want to ramble more on the people aren't interesting assertion bit. However, I will not. I'm tired. You're sleeping, and it's just rambles anyway. I'll just say take everyone else's word for it on this one. I know you won't, but you should.

Now can you please make a more interesting post next time? Thanks.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What am I getting for my birthday???

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Life said...

But what about the shoes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home