Friday, June 02, 2006

On her MySpace, under ethnicity, Kandy put Pacific Islander. How is it that even my own sister does not know her true heritage? Asian, foo'! I researched it. The official website of the Republic of the Philippines describes it as "the most westernized of ASIAN countries." The CIA World Factbook lists its location as "Southeastern Asia, archipelago between the Philippine Sea and the South China Sea, east of Vietnam." See! If anything, we could probably be considered Malay. But never in my years of studying history with Mrs. Vinoya and Ms. Pimpullo at St. Bridget was I ever taught that I was a Pacific Islander.

Anyway, I was curious so I decided to read up on the history of my hood, Antipolo. I realized I never really knew where exactly it was located relative to the rest of Rizal. I knew where it was compared to Manila, but not the rest of the region. So disappointing. And then, for some reason, the Hinulugang Taktak song came into my head, so I looked up pictures. Interesting. I found it hard to believe that the place still looked like
this, this, or this. I thought that place is a dump now? Hmmm. Maybe I'll go there someday. Antipolo also has a bunch of cool places to visit, like old churches and caves and parks. How come I've never been to any of them? I don't think Villa Christina and that other resort we always go to count as all that cool.

Anyway, I'm craving tapsilog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home