Thursday, September 23, 2004

Moshi-moshi

It's sad that today was only the second time I actually went swimming this summer (Is it still summer, anyway? The weather indicates so, but I'm not sure if it's official). Considering all the hoopla I made about wanting a tan and all the money I spent buying swimsuits, I guess it all went to waste.

It has finally happened. I've become the type of student I hate. I speak up in class, offer my opinions, and try to steer the conversation into a topic I know about and can spit out more opinions on. But only in my World Cinema class, though. Y'see, no one -- save for a couple of guys -- really speaks up in that class. And as I sit next to one of those guys, during moments of silence when the professor waits/desperately hopes for someone to say something, I feel pressured to at least contribute a thought and keep the class moving. It may not be at all connected to what was just being discussed, because I don't usually pay attention; however, I say it anyway because participating in class discussions makes 6:45 p.m. come faster. I've embarassed myself in that class many times since I never really know what I'm talking about, all for the sake of 6:45.

Anyway, my first paper is due in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what kind of humiliation I will experience then. In the meantime, y'all should watch Tokyo Story, by some Japanese director (Ozu, or something). It's saaaaad! I cried. It made me want Mamang.

Ugh, I succumbed and started reading fucking spoilers again. Apparently, something stupid to will happen to some loser character on ER, and it totally sucks. Of course, this is totally no surprise, but I was really hoping that Nurse Velma from Freaks and Geeks and her devil spawn will remain gone. I don't mind nurse so much, but spawn? Yuck! Oh well, at least we're finally getting a new episode tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home