Sunday, October 31, 2004

Mercedez-Benz/LA Fashion Week

On Friday night, Camisha and I volunteered for the LA Fashion Week. I worked as an usher for the Louis Verdad show and she was a dresser for another. It wasn't particularly memorable, with the exception of a few things.

Things I took home with me:

  1. The volunteer shirt and badge.
  2. Flaunt magazine.
  3. 2 small cans of Evian Skin Care Atomizer, aka Expensive Water In A Spray Can.
  4. The first-hand knowledge that Randy Jackson's head is really, really round; Andrew Keegan looks exactly the same on screen and in magazines, as he does in person; and models are mass produced in a genetics factory from the DNA of someone who is really tall, really skinny, really flat-chested, and can strut poutily down a catwalk.

Things I didn't take home with me because they were stolen:

  1. My credit card.
  2. $14 cash.
  3. A tampon, face wipes, and the pouch which contains both items.

Okay, the credit card and cash, I get. But I still can't understand why, of all things to take from my purse, the thief actually thought to do away with my tampon and de-greasers. That just narrows down our choices of culprit. Obviously, we're looking for an oily-skinned girl who is on her period.

Commercial break.

I was fooling around J.K Rowling's website and found (not without help) easter eggs containing a few chapter titles for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:

Chapter 2 - Spinners End

Chapter 6 - Draco's Detour

Chapter 14 - Felix Felicis

I don't know about you, but this info just makes me want to pee with anticipation. Hopefully, it won't be long now until the book comes out. I'm pretty darned curious about chapter 6, as it sounds really interesting. I'm crossing my fingers now though that the chapter would offer us a glimpse of Malfoy's life beyond the cowardly bully we so know and despise, something to show that he has a heart (no matter how black) and a personality separate from the stereotypes associated with Slytherin. I definitely do not want him redeemed, though. That's just way to cheesy. Ugh.


2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger karen said...

"Obviously, we're looking for an oily-skinned girl who is on her period."

that's u! maybe u have multiple personality, blacked out and ur alter ego, the klepto, stole all those stuff. check ur trunk.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Life said...

Oh, shuttup. You ditched me today, abandonner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home