Friday, October 15, 2004

Be aggressive! Be, be aggressive!

In the jungle, the hunt for food and game is dominated by the bigger, faster animal. The big billy goat gruff gets the troll under the bridge. Papa Bear gets the big bowl of porridge. And the big, bad wolf gets the yummy little girl.

At the Cal State Fullerton Parking lot today, I was the big, bad wolf. And I get the game (which henceforth shall be called "parking spot").

It was just a few minutes past 10 this morning and the rush of prey (students done with school for the day) has just ended. Enter moi. I circle around the little parking area provided for students at the College Park lot. I see no empty space. I circle again. And again. And again. Fifteen minutes later, there are three other cars circling the lot with me. The competition gets tougher.

Later on, a student arrives, car keys on hand. Everyone slows down, inching little by little toward the student, hoping to be at the right place at the right time, when he gets into his car and leaves. On the first row of parking spaces, he stops. Everyone speeds to get there. An idiot gets there first, but drives past where the student's car is. He's out. I overtake another car to get into the row first. He's out. It was just another girl and me left. We approached the row from opposite ends and arrive at the student's space at the same time. I signal first. She's out.

I win, and I get the spot. And I spend the next hour napping, while those other fools duke it out once more for the next open space.

Boo-yeah!

2 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma cosa state dicendo !
Questo blog fa schifo.

This is all what I can say

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma cosa state dicendo !
Questo blog fa schifo.

This is all what I can say

 

Post a Comment

<< Home