Monday, October 18, 2004

A life plan

Okay, so my parents' decision to buy a house has been scrapped. It was mostly due to financial issues and, possibly, sentimental ones, as well.

Earlier tonight, as I was lounging around and trying to decide whether I should study, watch an Everwood re-run, or take a shower, my dad came in the room with a new agenda. He asked what year I am in college. "I'm a junior." "So you have one year left?" "If I'm lucky." "Three years tops?" "Hopefully." "Good, so then, you can get a full-time job, and you could have this house and finish paying for it, and we can buy a new one."

So now, as I'm sitting here, waiting for my hair to dry, I am also thinking about what I would do in the future. First of all, I'm going to graduate and get a full-time job. I'm going to keep this house and Ate Karen's car. That way, I wouldn't have to spend so much money on either. There are more important things to think about.

I would need to save money for furniture. I'd like a minimalist, Ikea look; neutral colors, with red accents. It's a small place. I would have to make use of space-saving techniques, so that means I need a plasma TV. And an oversized love sac, a multi-purpose resting...device. I'll replace the kitchen countertop tiles with white ones, for a cleaner look. I'll buy a dishwasher, because I'm lazy. I'll put all my inflated furniture out in the patio, or maybe, I'll just get a hammock. Is there such thing as a bonsai palm tree? It'd be nice to set a tropical island mood in my patio, but an actual palm tree wouldn't fit. And I'll get a puppy!

Anyway, when I'm done with all these, y'all can come visit. I'll let you sleep in my guest room, and if you're lucky, I'll let you use my love sac for 10 whole minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home