Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I had a completely unnecessary doctor's appointment today. Here's the story.

I weighed myself about a week ago, and it looked like I had lost 15 lbs. since January. That's a lot! I was concerned because I had already bought all these size 2 clothes, so I didn't want to go down a size again, coz that meant more shopping, which I can't do because I have to save up for summer. And also, my boobs might deflate. I told my mom, who had a total freak-out and scheduled me a doctor's appointment. Fast forward to today. Before leaving the house, I weighed myself again, and still, it read 105 lbs. I arrived at the doctor's office. They took my blood pressure, temperature, then asked me to get on the scale. And it turns out that although I had lost weight, I didn't lose a ton of it. I only lost 5 lbs, which makes sense considering my awful eating and sleeping habits, yoga and snowboarding. My scale at home is freakin broken! And because of it, my mom wasted $20 of co-pay money, I wasted my morning, and because the doctor thought I might have some sort of thyroid disease, I had to get my blood drawn. Two vials of blood, they took from me. Two vials of blood, wasted!

On the plus side, the guy I saw wasn't my regular doctor, so he was nice enough to renew my prescription for my pills without insisting that I get a pap smear first. That means I won't have to see my usual doctor for another year, which means I can evade this year's trip to the gynecologist, which means I won't have to be poked and prodded in my womanly parts until 2007. And that, my friends, is freakin awesome!

6 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess you can file this under TMI.

Also, I thought women only get pap smears if they're older and sexually active! I'm pretty sure you're not that old and I didn't know you had that whole other side of you! What the crap?!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Life said...

Haha. My doctor demands it. And I think it's for women aged 18+.

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh. No one in my family goes to the doctor regularly. Oh well. Here I come, cancer!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Life said...

I'll run marathons for you.

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And wear special-color-designated-cause-fighting ribbons? With a matching rubber bracelet (as made popular by Lance Armstrong)?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Life said...

anything for you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home