Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Pa-pa-ra-pa-pa, I'm luvin' it!

Okay, so that's the wrong theme song. Whatever.

Kandy had to make a speech for a class today, so naturally, she ditched school. I took her with me to do "research" on my election paper. We stopped by City Hall to get brochures on the mayoral candidates, then went to Vans to exchange my shoes. We finished at 10 a.m. We've been hankering for Jollibee breakfast for a couple of years now, and thought that this was perfect time to get some; we still had an hour before they stop serving them.

Anyway, they're selling sorbetes now. $0.99 for a 2-scoop sugar cone, which is a big, honking rip-off. How much would the same cost in Pinas? They had a "variety" of flavors: chocolate, ube, langka, macapuno. They ran out of chocolate and macapuno, so I was stuck with ube and langka. Two little, itty-bitty scoops of them. And it wasn't even soft serve, which, if I remember correctly, is what they're supposed to be like. I'm guessing they used regular Magnolia ice cream. And it wasn't perfectly placed on the cone, like how the mamang sorbetero dudes used to do it. These Jollibee servers need more training, if you ask me. To top it off, they had a normal freezer to store the sorbetes. None of those awesome carts with the colorful decorations, bells, and stuff.

What a disappointment. Heh.

I ditched school today. Again. I think my absences in American Studies outnumber the times I've actually shown up for class. And even then, I never paid attention. At least I've flipped through the books, though. That's gotta count for something, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home