Sunday, October 15, 2006

A poll for my Filipino friends:

I consider myself a(n)...

(a) Asian
(b) Pacific Islander

If (b), why? And why are you so stupid? I don't want to repeat myself again. I already wrote about it
here.

An article in Wikipedia on Pacific Islanders has this to say:

"Inhabitants of the Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Philippine, and Indonesian islands, although technically bordering the Pacific Ocean, are not considered Pacific Islanders because such islands are not located in any of the three regions of Oceania, and are therefore classified as 'Asians'."

So there!

(P.S. Yay for October 15th!)

4 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do they spell it "Pilipino" up here? Is it still pronounced the same? It sounds stupid.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Life said...

Same thing. Filipino is english for Pilipino.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger karen said...

Some people think it's more patriotic to say you are Pilipino than Filipino. Frankly, it doesn't matter.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

None of your Filipino friends answered your poll! Perhaps you were too brash in how you asked...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home