Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Since I have today off, I figured I'd try to be a good communications student and keep up to date with what's happening in the industry, so I surfed on over to IMDB. Apparently, Britney Spears and her nasty husband will be starring in their own reality show that "tells the story of their courtship, engagement and wedding." It will air on UPN and will consist of home video footage of themselves interspersed with comments, a la "The Real World" and just about any other reality show.

First of all, that's a stupid idea. Secondly, UPN? Are they serious? Why not MTV or VH1? Are they so egotistic that they think they can actually bring in viewers to UPN, the official network for crappy shows nobody watches? Or are they being forced to do this so they chose UPN to soften the blow, because at least no one would see it? Actually, maybe they wanted a ghetto network to match their own ghetto-ness. I choose the latter. Anyway, I can't wait to watch it. It's gonna be a trainwreck!


I also thought I'd watch some TV, for a change. On American Idol, Ryan Seacrest announced that former winner Ruben Studdard and former loser Kimberly Caldwell were in the audience, and that also, they are guest starring on Fox's new show, Life on a Stick, up next, so please watch it! And I did. It sucks. I think my IQ score just went down a point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home