Thursday, March 09, 2006

As much as I love the last five minutes of yoga (aka naptime), it gives me a false sense of hope about my day. Rather than relax me, it just makes me realize how sucky the rest of my day will be and stresses me out. It's like, okay, you spend half an hour watching a video on water crystals that respond to compliments and classical music, then you spend 45 minutes stretching and bending and contorting, and although it is sometimes painful, man does it feel good! Then, the lights turn off and the instructor tells you to lay on your back and take deep breaths. And two seconds later, you're dreaming -- about your mom, lovely sister, road trips, raindrops on roses and whiskers of kittens. And it's just the best feeling in the world. But just as soon as it started, someone says "Namaste" and totally un-zen-like flourescent lights come on, and the kittens are gone and everything rushes back to you: you're in school, you have 4 classes to go still, you're hungry but have no time to really eat, you're all sweaty from yoga and wearing sweatpants you fished out of the hamper coz you still haven't done the laundry, you didn't do your homework, and you have two tests coming up that you're not prepared for, and dammit, you just failed one on Monday...

...

...

I forgot my point. Bye.

5 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were going to make a conclusion about how expensive gas prices are now, remember?

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Life said...

What is that about anyway? Two days ago, the Arco down the street has it for $2.29. The next day, it was $2.35, then that night, it was $2.41.

Hope prices are cheaper in the midwest and east coast.

:(

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If worst comes to worse, we can use the "emergency fuel" that AAA gives on my card, haha.

We're going to be able to use air conditioning reguarly right? I don't want to be the one that does all the complaining. :(

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Life said...

I'll provide paper fans.

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waah. Not fair! :( :( :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home