Saturday, November 05, 2005

As if living across the way from a crazy white guy and having my dad's car broken in twice aren't proof enough, today's events confirm the fact that, yes, we live in a Really Bad Neighborhood. It's a crime scene, folks. For real! Like, with cops and ambulances and yellow "Police Line Do Not Cross" tapes and news vans and reporters everywhere!

Here's what happened, according to the Orange County Register.

I'm still waiting for an in-depth article to come out that might contain a quote from Kandy, who was interviewed by a reporter earlier as we were walking back home from Jamba Juice (I was there too, but was no help at all). I'm so proud of my little sister! She was awesome talking to the reporter and didn't say anything bad about the suspect, who was a pretty nice guy.

And I had a real Law and Order moment a few minutes ago when an investigator for the district attorney's office knocked at our door and asked to step inside the house so he could ask me a few questions. He just wanted to know if I was around when it happened, but I wasn't. He took down my information. He asked Mac, who's the only other person here. Then he asked whether anyone else in the household was home at that time, so I said ma and Kandy were. He gave me his card and told me to tell them to call him so he could talk to them. In a perverse way considering the situation, it was kinda cool! And in the end, when he was walking out, I wanted to be like one of those nosy neighbors in Law and Order and say, "I hope you find him, officer." But then I realized that there's no need to find anyone because the perp is lying dead in the middle of our street, so I just told him to have a nice night.

I sure wish I was wearing my Chung!Chung! shirt, though.

Oh, and did I tell you about when I circumvented the police car parked at our street to prevent anyone from entering it, so I could go home?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home