Thursday, August 31, 2006
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Saturday, August 26, 2006
So then I decided to create my own music. But it was horrible. The sound that came out was completely different from what I expected, from what I thought I sounded like singing in the car, on the top of my lungs, with the volume cranked way up. It was like a mix of fingernails on the chalkboard and cats in heat, with a little bit of Jessica Simpson thrown in. I am a worse singer than I am an interesting person. I guess I should be glad there was no traffic.
So what with my broken car-induced self-realizations, coupled with losing Rush Line, this is not my day.
(P.S. I'm sorry Don, Alex and Sandy for subjecting you to my singing during the road trip.)
Oooh, people's birthdays are coming up!
And also, does this look like something I'd wear?
Thursday, August 24, 2006
My mom keeps asking Klarisse if she can get them in Snakes on a Plane.
Kla: Why? It's bad! Kris, tell her!
Me: It's horrible. Why would you want to watch it?
Mom: Why not? There's snakes on the plane.
Kla and me: Exactly.
She is also now reluctant to fly to Pinas for fear of snakes...on the plane.
Anyway, they can't wait to watch it on DVD because it should sound awesome on the speakers.
I might have to trek to House of Silvanas for a fix one of these days. We only have two left and my brother is greedier than me.
This is her website. I'm currently listening to her tell me to tune into the vibrations of the Now as I sit peacefully on my magic yoga mat. Bring your breath in gently, lightly. Take your exhale down to your sitting bones and let it bathe the floor. "Always come back to the breath and the Now." That's her advice.
That is all. Namaste.
Good idea or bad? Help!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Monday, August 21, 2006
Anyway, my stats...
Friday, August 18, 2006
Christopher Walken is so awesome.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Ate Wendy - cousin
Ren-Ren - nephew
Twin girls - ...
Shit, does this mean I am a great-aunt? I am too young to be bearer of that title, dammit.
This Christmas, instead of boxes of chocolates and things, I should tell my parents to send over boxes of condoms instead.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
I want to re-read R.L. Stein's Fear Street Saga.
Also, apparently, some patron tonight thought that Wicked lottery meant that she had to bring down a Californa Super Lotto ticket and $25 cash to the box office in order to purchase Wicked tickets. She was very upset.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
So what you do is ... write six random things about yourself in your blog, and at the end, tag six other people whom you think would also engage in this chain.
1. So shoot me, I saw Wicked a second time today. It was wonderfully awesome, in my opinion, and is now going on the list of shows I can watch over and over again. She is great, by the way.
2. My eyes have been bothering me a lot lately. They dry after only a few hours of wearing contacts, and when I take my contacts off it feels like there is something lodged behind my eyelids. This can't be normal, can it? After what happened to Oscar, it makes me nervous.
3. I love chocolate-covered malt balls. My personal favorite is Maltesers, and I like to nibble off all the chocolate part first before attacking the malt ball itself with my teeth. I eat Kit Kats in much the same way.
4. When my younger sister and I were much younger and shared a bed, we would always go to bed at the same time, say our nighttime prayers together, and say "good night, sweet dreams, I love you" to each other before actually sleeping. Sometimes, we would wear matching pajamas and pretend we were on a cooking show while fixing ourselves ovaltine. The cats sitting outside the windowsill were our audience.
5. My image of life in America prior to our move here was wholly based on Elizabeth and Jessica's lives in Sweet Valley Twins. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.
6. I am progressing nicely on Sims 2 on DS. I am more than 5,000 Simoleons rich, my hotel is running at 96%, I have reached an aspiration level that makes it so that I am more immune to the Strangetowners' insanity, and I have a superhero alter-ego. That's right: hotel manager by day, ratwoman by night. Just a couple of hours ago, I caught my first thug and sent him to jail. I was also successful in my first ever alien autopsy. One of my hotel guests is a gothic cult leader for some kind of bovine-worshippers society, for whom I had to construct some kind of underground lair. My current goal is to find the mystic cowbell to please her.
Tag: all six of you who read this blog. If any at all.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Hello everyone. And how was your day?
Thursday, August 03, 2006
What the heck are Dosha and Vata? This is the last one. I'm going to bed.
|Your Dosha is Vata|
Creative and restless, you take in all of life's pleasures (maybe a little too much!).
You're quick witted and very talkative, but you also tend to have a spotty memory.
You tend to get very into ideas, people, and lifestyles... but only for a short time.
It's difficult to hold your attention, and you sometimes feel with what life has to offer.
With friends: You are very uncomfortable in new situations or with new people
In love: You fall in and out of love very easily
To achieve more balance: Live in a warm climate and spend some quiet time in nature
The third sentence is the best part. And if any of you ever confirm that to be true, screw you.
|You Are Snow|
Magical yet potentially destructive
You are well known as fun to play with
People anticipate your arrival but then are quickly sick of you
You are best known for: your serenity
Your dominant state: reflecting
The first one is completely true. The second one is a total lie!
|What Your Underwear Says About You|
You tend to buy new underwear instead of doing laundry.
You're a closet exhibitionist who gets a thrill from being secretly naughty.
I don't have much going on tonight, obviously. I have laundry to do and laundry to put away. But I'm too lazy to do that. I have a book to read. I have a brain to train. But my butt is already glued to this chair and I don't want to move anymore. Anyway, this test is retarded.
|You Should Weigh 180|
If you weigh less than this, you either have a fast metabolism or are about to gain weight.
If you weigh more than this, you may be losing a few pounds soon!
It's coz I live in a dumpster, isn't it? It's not my fault!
|You Are 28% Gross|
You're a tad gross, but generally you're a clean, hygienic person.
No one can be perfectly clean all the time, and it's better to be human than a neat freak.
create your own visited states map
I guess having visited 19% of the country isn't all that much. Someday.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
How's this for a [crappy] movie: Doggy Poo. "This charmingly eccentric cartoon from Korea features a little mound of poo who's left all alone in the cold. Feeling helpless and discarded, he relies on his new friend, the dandelion, to recognize his worth." Hee, that's moving to the top of my queue instantly.
How is the highway situation in the Philippines? Are there lots of them, and if so, are they well-paved? I was thinking, now that I'm practically well-traveled within the US, that when I go home, I should do the same and go on a road trip in Luzon. Only in the nice, non-too-rural areas, though. I've seen enough Okatokat! episodes to know what could happen and if I get stuck in the boonies in the middle of the night. How's that for a vacation? Friends, start planning. (Lui -- we should take your car and your driver!)
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
While I'm here, I should say hi to Loren, Lui, Tin and Kaka. I miss you guys! My MSN Messenger is being shitty again, and I'm too lazy to uninstall and re-download. I will do it soon. Advanced happy birthday, Tin.
I've reached the point in the entry where I run out of things to say and, just to fill up space, will instead post a picture of a hot guy with cute accent. Here's Jack Davenport (Steve in Coupling, Commodore Norrington in Pirates).
Even under all the scruffiness, you can still see the pretty.